This recipe cooks effortlessly in the slow-cooker and makes a delicious soup for any time of the year. Try it with fresh avocados and homemade tortillas!
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 to 4 lbs. Pork Leg Cutlets or Pork Shoulder Steak
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can black olives
- 2 cups corn
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3-4 bay leaves
- Sprinkle cutlets with salt, pepper, and garlic and place them in a crockpot.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cumin, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and tomato sauce. Pour over steaks.
- Place bay leaves over pork. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add the corn and black olives and cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Serve over rice.