Taco Tuesday (or Monday, or Wednesday, or Friday…) is our favorite day of the week, not only because this taco meat is tastier than what you can get at almost any Tex-Mex restaurant, but also because it’s just so easy to make.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 can (6-oz.) organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- In a large saute pan, heat a few teaspoons of oil and add pork. Cook until just browed.
- Add diced onion, diced red pepper, tomato sauce, and water. Stir and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add remaining spices and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve on warm tortillas with sour cream and cheese.